September 6th to 9th, 2018
Tournament Sanction: #5368
NO GATE FEES
Deadline for Applications is July 17th, 2018
The final schedule will be posted by August 13th, 2018
- Hockey Canada/O.H.F. rules apply with the following exceptions noted.
Two (2) Man referee system will be used for all games in the tournament.
- REFEREE CALLS
The tournament committee has no authority to overturn/change any call or make changes to a game sheet.
- ELIGIBLE PLAYERS
- Teams must register at least one hour prior to the first game.
- All teams must dress a minimum of 12 players.
- The maximum number of players to be dressed for each game is 19 (20 for USA hockey).
- Affiliated players will be accepted providing they are registered on the initial team list prior to the first game. No player may play for two teams during the tournament. If however an affiliated player’s team has been eliminated, that player becomes eligible to play with the higher category team.
- Any team found with ineligible players participating in a game will be disqualified from the tournament. (Note: Games won by a disqualified team will be considered a win for the opposing team at a score of 1 – 0).
- All teams must carry their Official Team Roster Document that identifies players & coaches’ eligibility. (copies accepted).
- All teams must carry their Branch Travel Permit Document.
- GAME SHEET PROCESS
- One team official is required to check in at the tournament office one hour prior to each game to complete the game sheet.
- One rostered team official must VERIFY the game sheet for their team. Players and other team officials not required to sign the game sheet.
- SCHEDULED START TIME
Teams must be ready to play at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled game time.
- TEAM COLOURS – JERSEYS:
It is preferable that each team carries two contrasting sets of sweaters with them. It is the responsibility of the Home Team to change color of sweaters, if they are like their opponents. Home team wears WHITE or LIGHT colored sweaters. Home and Away is indicated on the schedule.
- BODY CHECKING:
There is NO body checking in this tournament.
- MOUTH PIECE & NECK GUARD:
Mouth Piece & Neck Guards must be worn if your governing body requires their use
- FIGHTING / GAME & GROSS MISCONDUCTS / MATCH PENALTIES:
- The tournament will be played under OHF (Ontario Hockey Federation) rules regarding length of suspension. A copy of the suspension list was given to all coaches at registration and is available on the OHF website located at www.ohf.on.ca
- It is the responsibility of the team to ensure any player or team official who has been assessed a game suspension sits out the required amount of games as per OHF minimum suspension rules. Failure to comply will result in the offending team forfeiting the game, which will be recorded as a 1 – 0 loss.
No protests will be allowed. Tournament officials will consider any logical grievance, or suggestion when presented in a calm and professional manner. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to rule on items not previously covered.
The International Friendship Tournament or its Tournament Committee will not be held responsible for injuries caused by a player or spectator. Please ensure that all players are covered by insurance before participating in the Tournament.
Only registered players, team officials & tournament officials will be allowed in the dressing rooms. Any player(s) suspended during the tournament must not enter the dressing room prior to the game (s) from which they are suspended. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a further suspension. Dressing Rooms must be vacated 20 minutes after game. Teams are responsible for ensuring their dressing rooms are locked and secure at all times. It is the team’s responsibility to provide their own locks.