Holiday Classic Rules & Regulations
- ARENA COVID-19 PROTOCOL RULES APPLY
- Hockey Canada/O.H.F. rules apply with the following exceptions noted.
- ELIGIBLE PLAYERS:
- Teams must register at least one hour prior to the first game.
- All teams must dress a minimum of 12 players, including 2 goalies (unless injury).
- The maximum number of players to be dressed for each game is 19 (20 for USA hockey), this includes two goalies.
- Any team found with ineligible players participating in a game will be disqualified from the tournament. (Note: Games won by a disqualified team will be considered a win for the opposing team at a score of 1 – 0).
- All teams must carry their Official Team Roster Document that identifies players & coaches’ eligibility. (copies accepted).
- All teams must carry their Branch Travel Permit Document.
- AFFILIATED PLAYERS (AP):
- Any team using an affiliated player (AP) must submit an official roster showing Affiliated players are rostered with the team or a team in the organization. Official roster showing affiliated players is to be submitted at registration.
- No player may play for two teams during the tournament. If however, an affiliated player’s team has been eliminated, that player becomes eligible to play with the higher category team.
- GAME SHEET PROCESS:
- Game Sheet is paper only and teams encouraged to provide stickers (4 per game).
- One team official is required to check in at the tournament office one hour prior to each game to complete the game sheet.
- One rostered team official must VERIFY & SIGN IN THE YELLOW HI-LIGHTED AREA OF THE GAME SHEET.
- Players and other team officials not required to sign the game sheet.
- SCHEDULED START TIME:
Teams must be ready to play at their scheduled game time.
- TEAM COLOURS – JERSEYS:
It is preferable that each team carries two contrasting sets of sweaters with them. It is the responsibility of the Home Team to change color of sweaters, if they are like their opponents. Home team wears WHITE or LIGHT colored sweaters. Home and Away is indicated on the schedule.
- BODY CHECKING:
There is NO body checking for U13.
- MOUTH PIECE & NECK GUARD:
Mouth Piece & Neck Guards must be worn if your governing body requires their use.
- FIGHTING / GAME & GROSS MISCONDUCTS / MATCH PENALTIES
- The tournament will be played under OHF (Ontario Hockey Federation) rules regarding length of suspension. The suspension list is available on the OHF website located at ohf.on.ca
- It is the responsibility of the team to ensure any player or team official who has been assessed a game suspension sits out the required amount of games as per OHF minimum suspension rules. Failure to comply will result in the offending team forfeiting the game, which will be recorded as a 1 – 0 loss.
The tournament committee reserves the right to take measures necessary to ensure a safe tournament for the participants including the modification of any rule(s) herein which is deemed by them to be in the tournament’s best interest. Decisions of the tournament committee are final.
NO TOURNAMENT OFFICAL has the right to change a score sheet or reverse a call from a referee. Once game is over the score sheet is FINAL!
Insurance: The Holiday Classic Tournament or its Tournament Committee will not be held responsible for injuries caused by a player or spectator. Please ensure that all players are covered by insurance before participating in the Tournament.
Dressing Rooms: Only registered players, team officials & tournament officials will be allowed in the dressing rooms. Any player(s) suspended during the tournament must not enter the dressing room prior to the game (s) from which they are suspended. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a further suspension. Dressing Rooms must be vacated 20 minutes after game. Teams are responsible for ensuring their dressing rooms are locked and secure at all times. It is the team’s responsibility to provide their own locks.